Lower Level Floorplan
Vintage Wine Barrel Cocktail Ottoman
Metal & Leather Club Chairs
DIY CUSTOM SHELVES WITH METAL CHAIN $100
- Black Plastic Chain, this website lets you purchase by the foot, I used 7 links on each so for 3 shelves you will need about 8-9ft. http://banksupplies.com/black-plastic-chain.html?origin=product-search&kwd=&source=pla&gclid=CJq7suOoh7gCFY0WMgodslwAhA
- Shelf Brackets, 2 for each shelf. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/56702780/
- Wood Shelves, most hardware stores carry these shelves in multiple sizes and colors ranging from $5-$25 http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20094347/
- Hooks, you will need 4 on each shelf. http://www.build.com/hickory-hardware-p27100-bl-black-2-hook-from-the-utility-hooks-collection/p1280520?source=gg-gba-pla_1280520____21708467719&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!42982906279!g!!21708467719!&gclid=CPngsYeuh7gCFdBDMgodbDwA9A
3. You will hang your shelf brackets, 2 on the bottom of each shelf according to your pencil marks. (Note- You will want to use a leveler, this can get a bit tricky and you don't want a angled shelf)
4. Next attached your hooks onto your wood shelf with the open end facing outward, I made mine about 1" from the end of the shelf.
5. Place your shelves on top of your brackets and attach them, make sure they are on tight if your going to be putting a lot of weight above.
6. Hang your other hooks onto the wall at whatever height you have decided your links will be, I used 7 links on each. Also, this should be directly above the hooks on your shelf. (Note- This hook should be facing upward)
7. Cut your plastic chain to whatever height you have decided on and attach to both hooks
8. You now have a custom made shelf that wont break the bank... but looks like you did ;).